You've Evaluated the Expected Benefits and Costs of PFML...What Next?
Many companies find it helpful to compare their anticipated benefits and costs side-by-side to understand the potential impact of offering PFML, even if it does not provide an exact numerical cost-benefit analysis.
Steps in Evaluating the Business Case
1. Summarize your findings
2. Examine different PFML policy options
- Consider if adjustments to your proposed PFML policy could increase the business benefits or lower the costs
- Test multiple alternative scenarios to evaluate your company's options (See "Estimate the Potential Costs" for a sample, preliminary PFML labor costs calculator.)
3. Finalize your recommendation
- Could/should your company offer PFML to U.S. employees?
- If yes, what will the parameters of that policy be?
- If no, why not? What would have to change for your organization to offer PFML in the future?